Why Do I Need a Bill of Sale?
Creating a Bill of Sale benefits both the buyer and seller.
For the seller, a Bill of Sale:
- Demonstrates proof that an exchange of goods took place
- Protects them from any liability related to the quality or lifespan
of the item if sold "as-is without any warranties"
For the buyer, a Bill of Sale:
- Demonstrates proof of payment for the item
- Transfers legal ownership of the item to the buyer
- May be required for registration or insurance of the purchased item under the buyer's name