To properly execute your Last Will:
- You will sign and initial, as described below, in the presence of your witnesses.
- Tell your witnesses that this document is your Last Will and Testament.
- Initial each page (except the final signing page) at the bottom of the page, below all the text.
- Sign the final (signing) page with your usual check-signing signature.
- No text should appear on the final (signing) page after your signature – other than the witness signing area.
- Finally, have your witnesses initial each page and sign the final (signing) page.
If you want a Self-proving Will
, then all of the above should occur in the presence of a notary who will then sign your Affidavit of Execution.